The SIM General Assembly (GA) consists of one representative from each organization with SIM active membership, each having one vote.
The following fall under the authority of the General Assembly:
- To elect the President, the sub-regional coordinators, and the members of the Electoral Commission and of the Fiscal Commission.
- To define the SIM policies.
- To revise, amend and approve the Statutes.
- To revise, amend and approve the Rules of Order for the GA.
- To revise and approve the annual financial report.
- To revise and approve budget priorities.
- To ratify or rectify Council resolutions.
- To approve the Council members who have not been directly elected.
- To revise and approve agreements proposed by the Steering Council.
- To conduct their meetings in accordance with the Rules of Order of the GA.
- To approve the admission and termination of members.
- To decide on the relevance and structure of a possible membership fee.
» Virtual 2021 Agenda/ November 11-12, 2021
» Virtual 2020 Agenda/ November 19-20, 2020
» Santa Cruz, Bolivia 2019 Agenda / September 26-27, 2019
» Gaithersburg, USA/ September 27-28, 2018
» San Salvador, República de El Salvador/ October 5-6, 2017
» Montevideo, República Oriental del Uruguay / November 14-15, 2016
» Punta Cana, Dominican Republic / November 16-17, 2015.
» Bogotá, Colombia/ November 3-4, 2014
» Querétaro, México /October 07-08, 2013
» San José, Costa Rica /November 05-06, 2012
» Buenos Aires Argentina/ November 06-08, 2011
» Miami, USA/November 02nd, 2010
» Lima, Peru / October 26th to 27, 2009
» San Pedro Sula, Honduras / September 28th to October 02nd, 2008
» Ottawa, Canada / September 23rd to 28th, 2007
» Rio de Janeiro, Brazil / September, 16th and 17th, 2006
» Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago / October, 10th and 11th, 2005
» Margarita Island, Venezuela / November, 04th and 05th, 2004
» Panama City, Panama / September, 17th, 2003
» Santiago, Chile / October, 30th and 31st, 2002
» Miami, United States / December, 12nd and 13th, 2001
» Ocho Rios, Jamaica / September 28th and 29th, 2000