MWG 2- PHOTOMETRY
The Metrology Working Group for Photometry and Radiometry in SIM, MWG 2, supports SIM and its member NMIs in meeting the obligations under the CIPM MRA in the field of photometric and radiometric measurements.
Photometric and radiometric measurements are important for several industrial and research applications including lighting, photovoltaics, optical communication, photonics, color measurement, remote sensing and climate changes monitoring.
MWG 2 activities:
- MWG 2 organizes regional key and supplementary comparisons in the field of radiometry and photometry, and links these SIM activities to the Consultative Committee for Photometry and Radiometry (CCPR) of the CIPM and to its counterparts in other Regional Metrology Organizations (RMOs).
- MWG 2 manages regional and Inter RMOs review of calibration and measurement capabilities (CMCs).
- MWG 2 facilitates cooperation in preparing, publishing and maintaining CMCs of member economies and of American NMIs.
- MWG 2 facilitates technical cooperation among its members through meetings, workshops and training opportunities at various NMIs.
- MWG 2 seeks harmonization among its members through sustainable networking.
- MWG 2 welcomes cooperation with other communities to promote and to share advanced technology.
MWG 2 CHAIR
Thiago Menegotto, Inmetro (Brazil)
MWG 2 MENU
- Contacts [should hyperlink to SIM]
- Projects [to be developed]
- Events & Meetings [to be developed]
- Annual Reports & Documents [to be developed]
- Strategy & Roadmaps [to be developed]
Key Comparison Database (KCDB), hosted by the BIPM
International Measurement Comparisons (Appendix B) in Photometry and Radiometry
Calibration and Measurement Capabilities (CMCs; Appendix C) in Photometry and Radiometry