MWG 3- THERMOMETRY
The Metrology Working Group for Temperature in SIM, MWG 3, supports SIM and its member NMIs/DIs in meeting the obligations under the CIPM MRA in the field of thermometry, Humidity and Thermophysical Quantities measurements.
From health care to climate change monitoring and industrial applications metrology in Temperature is critical to assure reliable medical diagnosis and treatments, evaluate climate change and keep in control a great deal of industrial processes.
Members of MWG 3 provide their respective National Measurement Standards for Temperature (ITS-90) Humidity, Heat conductivity, Heat capacity, spectral emissivity and other Thermophysical quantities.
In addition to realizing these SI units, members of MWG 3 also conduct basic and collaborative research in above mention fields which supports a wide range of customer needs.
- MWG 3 organizes regional key and supplementary comparisons as well as pilot studies and links these SIM activities to the Consultative Committee for Thermometry (CCT) of the CIPM and to its counterparts in other Regional Metrology Organizations (RMOs).
- MWG 3 facilitates cooperation in preparing, publishing and maintaining calibration and measurement capability claims (CMCs) of member economies and of American laboratories new to international metrology.
- MWG 3 facilitates technical cooperation among its members and guests through meetings, workshops and training opportunities at various NMIs/DIs.
- MWG 3 seeks harmonization among its members through sustainable networking.
- MWG 3 welcomes cooperation with other communities to promote and to share advanced technology.
MWG 3 CHAIR
Andrew Todd, NRC (Canada) – [email protected]
Key and Supplementary Comparison Database, hosted by the BIPM
Calibration and Measurement Capabilities (CMCs) in Thermometry