LIST OF SIM CURRENT PROJECTS
COVID-19 RELATED PROJECTS:
Title: UV Metrology: Evaluation of UVC Technologies for UV Radiation Disinfection
Description: Traceable UV metrology including sources/detectors and training to support SIM NMIs and DIs on the evaluation and calibration of UVC technologies for disinfection, including for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
With NIST support.
Title: Development of basic metrology infrastructure to support medical testing equipment (ventilators)
- Exchange and dissemination of existing experiences and knowdledge in the Latin American countries in measuring low gas flow and developing cheap low gas flow and volume standards
- Support to the development of low cost mechanical ventilators that can be designed by national Latin American metrology institutes (NMIs) and produced by the private companies or the government.
- Promote mutual acceptance of measurement results (specifically volume and flow measurements related to ventilators control), thereby improving equipment quality and calibration services.
Whith PTB support:
Title: IR Thermometry
Accurate non-contact human temperature measurements
With NIST support.
Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- “Strengthening National Metrology Institutes in the Hemisphere, in support of Emerging Technologies”
– TC Document (IADB Project) – Project ended on March 2020
- “Metrology for digital transformation to support health services in LAC and address measurement challenges associated with pandemics such as COVID -19”
Organization of American States (OAS)
- Advancing Metrology for Sustainable Energy Technologies and the Environment in the Western Hemisphere
- Advancing Metrology for Energy Efficient Measurements and Compliance in Central America and the Dominican Republic
National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST)
- Capacity Building and Research Exchanges
This project is temporarily suspended due to the pandemic
- STRENGTHENING NATIONAL METROLOGY INSTITUTES IN THE AMERICAS AND THEIR REGIONAL COOPERATION THROUGH SIM AND PROMOTE QI IN COOPERATION WITH RELATED PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS – AmericasQI – NIST GRANT
This Grant was approved for 2 years beginning the 1st July 2020. Funds will be used for different kinds of activities in order to strengthen NMIs in the Americas and their cooperation through SIM, the RMO. Activities are related to promoting capacity building of NMIs and international recognition of their capabilities through CIPM MRA, cooperation between peer organizations as well as those which enhance QI growth and cooperation in the region will be prioritized.
Due to the delay of activities due to the pandemia an extension of 1 year for the execution of this project was approved.
German Development Fund/Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)
- Develop QI Service for Biodiversity and Climate Change
- Promoting Circular Economy via Quality Infrastructure