The coordination of the SIM projects is in charge of the SIM Projects Coordinator.
The Projects Coordinator is nominated by SIM active members, appointed by the Steering Council and ratified by the General Assembly. His/Her task is to coordinate the Project Managers of SIM activities. The Projects Coordinator is appointed for a period of three years and may be designated for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
The Projects Coordinator shall:
- coordinate with the different SIM project leaders to look for synergies and avoid redundancies and overlapping in SIM supported projects;
- strengthen and coordinate projects’ progress presentations and submit the corresponding annual reports to the Council and the General Assembly;
- supervise budget planning and financial reports;
- act as a link with SIM funding organizations.
List of SIM Projects
Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- Strengthening National Metrology Institutes in the Hemisphere, in support of Emerging Technologies
– TC Document (IADB Project)
Organization of American States (OAS)
- Advancing Metrology for Sustainable Energy Technologies and the Environment in the Western Hemisphere
- Advancing Metrology for Energy Efficient Measurements and Compliance in Central America and the Dominican Republic
National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST)
- Capacity Building and Research Exchanges
German Development Fund/Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)
- Quality Infrastructure (QI) for Renewable Energy Sources and Energy Efficiency
- Develop QI Service for Biodiversity and Climate Change
- Promoting Innovation in the Green Economy by including QI
https://www.ptb.de/cms/fileadmin/internet/fachabteilungen/abteilung_9/9.3_internationale_zusammenarbeit/projektprofile/PTB_project_Green_Economy_95269_SP.pdf and https://www.ptb.de/tc/index.php?id=green_economy